Implant dentistry is a modern and superior treatment choice when it is necessary to replace single or multiple missing teeth. Permanently replacing the natural teeth is a healthy choice for your body and a fantastic choice for your self-confidence.
What is a Dental Implant?
A small titanium screw (post) represents the main body of a dental implant. During a minimally invasive surgical procedure, the implant post is inserted into the jawbone and then stabilized to promote healing. During the healing process, the implant post and the bone become integrated or fused together in a manner that is similar to the relationship between a natural tooth root and the jawbone.
Essentially, the implant post will serve as an artificial or prosthetic tooth root which will be fitted with a dental crown, a multi-unit bridge, or even a denture. Thanks to the secure integration between the implant post and the surrounding bone, a dental implant becomes a permanent (non-removable) part of your smile.
What are the Advantages of Implant Dentistry?
Dental implant technology is supported by more than 40 years of research and clinical trials. However, implant dentistry has experienced an exciting growth in popularity and respect amongst dentists and dental patients during just the last 20 years. What’s made dental implants the most trusted and desirable choice for replacing missing teeth?
- An implant is a permanent and long-term replacement for individual teeth, multiple teeth, or all of the teeth in the upper and lower jaw.
- An implant is designed to remain in the mouth at all times and does not need to be removed.
- An implant stands independently separate from the neighboring teeth without requiring any drilling or altering of the natural teeth.
- An implant can be cared for with proper brushing and flossing along with the remaining natural teeth.
- Dental implants help to preserve the natural shape and volume of the jaw bone, preventing shrinkage and the appearance of premature aging.
What Can Dental Implants Do For You?
If you are interested in replacing a missing tooth, why not contact our office to schedule an informative consultation? Implants are the perfect choice for most healthy adults. If dental implants are appropriate for you, we can explain the procedure as well as your anesthetic and sedative alternatives.